Sunday, 2 July 2017

Welcome to Small Scale Sci-fi Gaming!

Hi!

I've been a fan of 15mm sci-fi miniatures for quite a few years now with my first figure being one of the classic Laserburn miniatures produced by Alternative Armies.

Back in 2008, there was a real boom in manufacturers and folks who enthusiastically embraced 15's and a fair number of blogs popped up and many inspirational projects were showcased. Sadly over the years, this trend seems to have slowed down somewhat.

While there's a steady release of some really fantastic miniatures and a thriving Facebook community for all things 15mm sci-fi, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that collects together all the new release news as well as showcases collections of painted miniatures or features articles on converting, terrain building and battle reports in 15mm scale.

Insatiable Alien Eating Machines!
(Carnosaurs from CP Models, ERT Infantry from Alternative Armies)

This is why I have decided to start this blog! I have been looking around for somewhere that is searchable for handy articles, battle reports and so on and as I couldn't find anywhere that quite fit what I had in mind, I started it myself.

In the coming weeks and months, I hope to have regular posts covering new releases and reviews of some of the figure ranges out there as well as articles on painting, terrain building and so on but I also want to involve the wider community.

Each month I want to host a challenge. It will be something small, a vehicle character or squad along with a theme for the month's challenge. I want to see folks rummage through their bits boxes, lead piles and really show what 15mm can do!

I am also hoping to have the opportunity to post battle reports, interviews with gamers, sculptors and manufacturers too to really shine a light on just how great smale scale gaming can be!

Once I've got 15mm sci-fi covered, I hope to also showcase the best of 15mm fantasy as well as the smaller scales for both genres too.

If you are interested, please post here and I'll get in touch with some outlines for the sort of articles I am looking for and we shall see what we can do!

All the best!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting and a great introduction picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments!

      Hopefully I'll have lots more stuff coming soon!

      All the best!

      Delete
  2. Great idea - I'll be following along with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      There's going to be a bit of a community challenge coming up in August too so do check back!

      Delete
  3. Best wishes for the success of this blog, love the idea and concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I've got a few articles lined up for the coming days and hope to have chance to post something up in the morning!

      All the best!

      Delete
  4. Good to see this Richard!

    Are you aware of Darkest Star? They do some wonderful 'not Traveller' stuff in 15mm - http://www.darkeststargames.com - Check 'em out.

    I look forward to seeing this blog develop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly!

      Darkest Star has been added to the links!

      All the best!

      Delete